Online Training of Trainers was organised online on 27 and 30 September 2021 for lawyer trainers under the Joint Project on “Strengthening the Capacity of Bar Associations and Lawyers on European Human Rights Standards”.
A total of 80 lawyers participated in the training. Following the briefing on the planning of future training activities, the participants were informed on the modifications to the training methodology, including supporting tools, training activities, presentations and guides. Content-wise, the training consisting of three modules focused on the following topics:
- Significance of awareness on human rights
- National and international human rights protection mechanisms
- Admissibility criteria
- Principle of subsidiarity
- Judicial interpretation methods of the European Court of Human Rights
- Practical case studies for interpretation methods
- Categorization of rights
- Restriction of rights
- Three-step test
- State obligations
- State’s execution obligation
The Joint Project on “Strengthening the Capacity of Bar Associations and Lawyers on European Human Rights Standards (SCoBAL)” is implemented by the Council of Europe, and co-funded by the European Union, the Republic of Turkey and the Council of Europe. The Union of Turkish Bar Associations is the end beneficiary of the Project. The Central Finance and Contracting Unit is the contracting authority.